The UBCevents online events calendar, which was launched September 2008, is a centralized system that serves the entire UBC community: Students, Faculty, Staff, Alumni, and Visitors. A collaboration between UBC Public Affairs, UBC IT, and Student Development & Services, UBCevents incorporated over two hundred and forty separate event providers into its calendaring system in its inaugural year on campus, bringing UBC closer to its vision of connected community.
We have a great team of students and staff who work to make sure you can find out what’s happening at UBC. Here is a little about each of them:
- Ariel Lin – UBCevents Communications Assistant
- Kevin Ly – UBCevents Communications Assistant
- Sarah Chow – UBCevents Video Host
- Lee Johnson – UBCevents Video Host
- Chris Fernandez – UBCevents Video Host
- Liam Watson – UBCevents Video Host
- Lu Zhang – UBCevents Videographer
- Jamil Rhajiak – Communications Coordinator, Digital Info Channels
- Wilson Lo – UBCevents Technical Lead, UBC IT
- Michael Ko – Web Communications, UBC Public Affairs
Check out this interview with two very successful women, who are UBC alumni.
Wade got a chance to meet up with some students and alumni at the 2012 London Olympics.
Blueberries, blueberries, blueberries everywhere!