Launched in September of 2008, with 962 registered event providers and counting, UBCevents is an information hub connecting students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors with all the exciting events happening within the UBC community. Be it through the UBCevents online calendar, our This Week at UBC video spotlights, @UBCevents on Twitter, our UBCevents Blog or our digital signage around campus, staying in the know about UBC events is simple, accessible and easy.
Along with spreading the word about what’s up and coming, UBCevents provides a great deal of support for those looking to promote their events. Whether you’re a student, staff, alumni, club, faculty or simply someone involved in launching an event at UBC, you can take advantage of a variety of unique services. When you register with UBCevents we set you up with your own calendar, give you the opportunity to promote your events through our digital signage network and provide you with exposure through our promotional capacities on Twitter, the UBCevents Blog and This Week at UBC video spotlights.
Interested in working with us? Register here and we’ll start getting you set up.
We have a great team of students and staff who work to make sure you can find out what’s happening at UBC. Here is a little about each of them:
- Samuel Cohn Cousineau - UBCevents Communications Assistant
- Roxanna Nazar – UBCevents Communications Assistant
- Liam Watson – UBCevents Video Host
- Samia Khan – UBCevents Video Host
- Ryan Hirakida – UBCevents Video Host
- Turner Stewart – UBCevents Videographer
- Jamil Rhajiak – Communications Coordinator, Digital Info Channels
- Wilson Lo – UBCevents Technical Lead, UBC IT
- Michael Ko – Web Communications, UBC Public Affairs
Just this past weekend, I had the pleasure in attending UBC Theatre’s production, The Caucasian Chalk Circle by Bertolt Brecht. A German modernist play, performed by UBC’S very own students was a huge success.
Summary of the things happening at UBC this October.
Be the next host of UBCevents’ This Week at UBC videos!